Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ten of my Favorite Dramatic Sports Moments




Welcome all to another Tha Weatha Report. This is a special edition. Sunday afternoon I sat back and watched one of the most exciting sporting events in recent memory as the U.S. women's soccer team came from behind to defeat the women of Brazil in penalty kicks. It was a game that kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. After seeing so many people talk about great and dramatic sporting moments, I started thinking about the great sport moments that I have witnessed. There are a ton of them, but I decided to compile a list of my ten favorite. But before I unleash my memories on the world, let's hit the storm!!!!

Quick Hail Storm
 
1. Big props once again to the U.S. women's team. What....a....game!!!
 
2. Congrats once again to Derek Jeter for becoming the newest member to the 3000 hit club. Also, tons of respect to the fan that caught the ball and gave it back to Mr. Yankee. It was the right thing to do because Jeter did deserve the ball. 

3. I'm not too concerned about multiple NBA all stars going overseas to play if this lockout extends into the regular season. Players like LeBron, D-Wade, Carmelo, Dwight Howard, and others have plenty of ways to supplement their incomes due to endorsements. Going overseas and risking injuries is not needed for them. 

10 Of My Favorite Sports Moments

These moments are in no particular order. I just chose ten of them and went from there. 

1. Brandi Chastain's World Cup winning goal in 1999. I remember watching this while I was in Jamaica that year. Great moment. 



2. Mark McGwire's 62nd home run. I remember sitting at home watching the game and going nuts when he hit it. My favorite baseball player breaking a hallow record. Great moment. 
 
 
3. Michael Jordan's "final" shot against the Utah Jazz. Not much else needs to be said about this one. I might have actually cried tears of happiness when this happened. 
 


4. Joe Carter's World Series winning home run against the Phillies. I won't lie, this is probably my favorite one of all time. I still get goosebumps watching this.


5. Tiger Woods hitting the putt to force a playoff in the U.S. Open in 2008 I believe. Another dramatic moment that I love.


6. As a devoted 49ers fan, I had to include The Catch II: Steve Young to Terrell Owens. Finally getting over that Green Bay Packers hurdle.


7. Vince Young in the Rose Bowl. 4th and 5, with the National Championship on the line. I was in a Dave & Busters in San Antonio watching this go down.


8. Scott Norwood. A name that makes Buffalo Bills' fans cringe. I remember before Super Bowl XXV telling a friend of mine that the Bills would lose because of a field goal. When he asked me why I said that, I told him because I remember how inconsistent Norwood was the entire season. You can call me Nostradamus....


9. Cal Ripken Jr. breaking Lou Gehrig's consecutive games record. Not only that, but hitting a home run in the game. Dramatic and exciting moments.



10. Christian Laettner hitting the game winning shot for Duke against Kentucky. Still one of my favorite moments when it comes to college hoops. Doesn't hurt that I'm an avid Duke fan does it?



Well, those are just ten of my favorite moments. Please feel free to share yours. I'm sure that we all have moments that we look back on with fond memories. It is what unites the world. Great moments that we all can look back and say, "I remember what I was doing when that happened!"

Remember to go to Facebook and like the website's page. Thank you for the continued support, and keep passing Tha Weatha Report around to your friends. It is greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment